Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Greatest Thing Ever

Picture via the700level.

Here's one of the best posts I've read in years. Mets fans, Citizens Bank Park accepts your money. If you purchase a ticket, you have as much of a right to be there as anyone else.

That being said, Shut up. This is not your home. Your presence is tolerated rather than welcomed, and we don't like it when obnoxious people do obnoxious things. Very few of you are from New York City, and none of you practice proper hygiene. So back off a bit, sit down, and enjoy the game.

Also, don't take swings at cops. They hate that.

2 comments:

Luis Zendejas I Kick Field Goals said...

Frankly, I'm tired of this sort of post. Daulerio's post was much worse.

Do you honestly think there aren't jackasses from South Philly/Jersey up at Shea doing the same exact sort of sh*t? I went to one away game last year at Wrigley, and witnessed a Phillies fan not 10 rows away from me dump a beer on a girl and get arrested.

I know that Mets fans are obnoxious in CBP, I've seen it. I also know that Philly fans get a bad rap. I ALSO know that Philly fans are equally awful as Mets fans. I know this because I've been to these games and witnessed it.

At this point, I'm starting to think my own post is stupid. It should be plainly obvious that being an idiot fan is a product of no class and is completely unrelated to team allegiance. It's ridiculous that I even have to point it out. The reason why we point fingers is because it's fun to do so. The real discussion should be why stadiums continue to allow/condone this sort of sh*t.

LoveTron 4000 said...

Whoah there! Be careful getting down off that high horse!

I just like the fact that the guy is lying down in a puddle of beer and possibly blood. Which begs the question-is it his blood?